web analytics
40" WFO Chantilly, VA - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

40" WFO Chantilly, VA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40" WFO Chantilly, VA

All,

This is my second WFO build. I built my first oven in Temecula, CA in 2009 and a few years later the military moved us back to the EAST coast. This year I built my second oven. I cannot thank everyone enough for all the posts and info provided on this forum. I used this forum daily for both builds. My newest build is fully fuctional but I have not completed the "finish work." I am quickly closing in on the finish-line. I will attach photos of my build.
    Again thank you to everyone on this forum!

Nick
    Attached Files

Re: 40" WFO Chantilly, VA

Here is the beginning phases. Since this was my second build it went quite fast. I started with 2" of ceramic fb and then layed my firebrick on that. Then I created a template using the cheapest plywood I could find at Home Depot. I also used this to anchor my IT. I started my soldier course on the outside of the inner floor as not to cause any issues with the floor. Additionally, I built my own IT, this was an amazing help!
    Attached Files

Comment

One thing I did not do for the first 6 courses was to tapper the bricks. The gaps where very managable until that point. after this row I tapper all the rest of my bricks. As always the arch to dome connection is always a nightmare, I lost many nights sleep trying to think of the best way to do this. I still do not know the best way.
      Attached Files

Comment

Some better views of completed arch and dome. I do not have any pictures from the inside.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is the closed dome. I used a 50/50 mix of type S and fireclay to cover the entire dome. I let this dry for a week and then fired it for a week. I had each fire good for a few hours to maintain aconstant heat to allow for the moisture to closely release from the brick and mortar. As the first became more intense I would leave the ambers in the oven all night long. Once complete I covered with 3 layers of ceramic fiber blanket. I used HVAC tape on the seems, more to hold everything together as I went on to the next layer. Then covered with chicken wire and covered with high strength motar, 1". I have not completed the final stucco layers as the winter in northern Virginia last much longer than normal and we had alot of snow.
          I also build a door for my oven. I used 2 pieces of sheet metal to widge 2" of FB in between. I then attached the wood front with handles. I used the HVAC tape again to cover the exposed FB, just so it would not flake off every time I opened and closed the door. I has worked great.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here are some of the rewards of my labor.
            Attached Files

Comment

I have unstalled a brick front and side for the entrance. I put rebar in the walls holding the bricks together. The chimney will go in later this week. I am putting v-crete in the void over the inside arch. More rebar and mesh as well. Along with final stucco on the dome and the walls of the base.
              Attached Files

Comment

Continuing the build. Need to stucco the base and the dome now.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice-looking oven! Great-looking bread!

Comment

I really like your decorative arch!
                    I now dub yours'.....................:

Name:  8e9a839d4c15da61da6b8d9d93dd6467.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  447.4 KB

The Peace Oven .
                    I don't care what folks say behind my back........They are either braggin' or.......lyin'

joe watson

My Build
                    My Picasa Web Album

Comment

Really nice oven! Good to read about stucco used in snowy, frosty conditions, will do the same up here in Sweden.
                      Let's keep it metric

Comment

Going for gold with the least number of posts to complete a build. A very attractive build it is too!
                        Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Gulf,

Where do you come up with these pics, I think I still have a tye-dye shirt with those colors. My hair is short and gray now though. LOL
                          Russell

Link to my Picasa Album
                          https://plus.google.com/photos/10287...21083003687777

Comment

Working...
                          X