web analytics
Mold growth on insulation - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.


To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Mold growth on insulation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mold growth on insulation

    I poured my hearth and laid down my insulating FB Board but I was delayed in putting down my floor tiles. I covered the FB Board with a tarp but some moisture made its way in and I now have some spotty mold on the board.

    Should I be concerned?

    I was planning on washing with some bleach and possible treating with a fungicide but I would assume that the insulation is inedible (if that is even the right term) to mold and therefore I don't have to worry about it breaking down over the long term. I know that if mold is visible on the surface that it is likely that spores have already penetrated into the material.

    Basically I don't want to invest all my time building the dome, only to find the base layer of insulation crumbling and therefore totally disrupting my cooking floor in a year or two.
Working...
X