web analytics
Finishing dome - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Finishing dome

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing dome

I have about 6 courses up so far. I am deciding on which way to finish the dome. I like the simplicity of a sand form. Once the sand is removed can I then fill in the gaps with mortar from the inside or will it not stick? Do I need to do it for other than cosmetic reasons? I am more of a functional guy than a cosmetic one.

Re: Finishing dome

I used a plywood disc on a jack. I first saw it on Karangi Dudes Build.
    It can be jacked down allowing for cleaning and touching up on each row. Here is what my disc looked like after the fact.
    In my opinion the mortaring should be completed from the top. It is stronger and a heck of a lot easier than tuck pointing from inside.
    joe watson

My Build
    My Picasa Web Album