web analytics
Ready for chimney - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Ready for chimney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for chimney

Ok guys I have spent the last month building my oven and I am now ready for the chimney. My oven is built under the roof of my outdoor kitchen.
    To my surprise today I went to two different stove shops and found out I was in for a 1000$ surprise.
    I am floored at what about 8 feet of double walled, non duratech pipe costs.

I would like some input on options that I may have.....my height from chimney to roof is about 3 feet and need about 5 feet after the roof.

Would building a brick chimney be a better choice $$$ wise?
    what about the weight consideration on the arch...

Since under a roof in a warm summer climate I like the idea of doubled walled vs single wall for the heat aspect but is this correct since the oven itself will be putting out a good amount of heat?

Just looking for some input before I drop amgrand on some stinking pipe!

Re: Ready for chimney

If you cant find a mason to supply and build a small flue under $1000 I'd be very surprised, seek out a retired mason and offer some cash.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
    X