web analytics
Has anyone used the Powder left over from cutting firebrick? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Has anyone used the Powder left over from cutting firebrick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used the Powder left over from cutting firebrick?

Well I am about to close in My dome. I Have been using the fine Sand, lime, fireclay, and portland cement as the reciepe calls for...However, I left my wet saw sit for about a month ( after cutting several firebricks.) All of the water evaporated and I was left with a Fire Clay Powder. Could this med. duty firebrick powder be of any use on the build? I have about 4 cups of it.

Re: Has anyone used the Powder left over from cutting firebrick?

Originally posted by summerj View Post
    Well I am about to close in My dome. I Have been using the fine Sand, lime, fireclay, and portland cement as the reciepe calls for...However, I left my wet saw sit for about a month ( after cutting several firebricks.) All of the water evaporated and I was left with a Fire Clay Powder. Could this med. duty firebrick powder be of any use on the build? I have about 4 cups of it.
    A lot of us have. This is how I reclaimed it.
    hope this helps.
    I don't care what folks say behind my back........They are either braggin' or.......lyin'

My Build
    My Picasa Web Album

Comment

Thanks for the thread.
      I am still unsure... IS this brick dust/ powder used instead of the fireclay when making the homebrew ?

Comment

I haven't been able to find fireclay in the bag locally. From what I have read though, it is one and the same.
        I don't care what folks say behind my back........They are either braggin' or.......lyin'

My Build
        My Picasa Web Album

Comment

It is not the same chemically, but it performs the same.

Comment

Originally posted by summerj View Post
            Thanks for the thread.
            I am still unsure... IS this brick dust/ powder used instead of the fire clay when making the homebrew ?
            It could be used but if you have already bought a bag of fire clay, you have way more than you need. I ended up throwing the residue away and put a little of the bagged clay into my horseshoe pit (before the rest went into the trash). It's amazing how much you generate cutting the brick.
            Check out my pictures here:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
            X