web analytics
Darley - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Darley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darley

Hi guys,

I'm setting out building my oven, and a friend who bought his materials from Darley Refactories in Victoria says he bought their bricks and the floor tiles, which were square, and seem to be whiter in colour and a little bit more crumbly than the pale yellow, quite hard fire brick. He has had issues getting the base of his pizza's hot enough and i am wondering if perhaps these floor tiles, being a different type of brick, are not what they should be.

Does anyone else have any experience with purchasing materials from Darley, specifically the floor tiles. I dont wanna make the same mistake.

Cheers

Re: Darley

They sound like insulating fire bricks?
    Or, the oven is not cured yet.

I used some darleys many years ago and they did seem soft, I used them in a fire place so dont know about heat retention.

Give Johnny the oven man a call he is in Nunawadding 0451 470 371 he sells everything you will need.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
    X