web analytics
Perlite Insulation Question - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Perlite Insulation Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perlite Insulation Question

I am in the process of insulating my 36" oven, and I cannot find the insulation blanket. Since I have an oven enclosure I am wondering, if I can just use the perlite mixture to insulate the oven, the smallest distance from oven wall to enclosing wall is about 5" - 6".

Thank you
    -martin

Re: Perlite Insulation Question

Have you tried the FB store? They sell it. Any thickness of ceramic blanket would be better than none, as it seems to be a better insulator than the pearlite/vermiculite alone.

gene

Comment

I would Call FB. The stuff is not that heavy, so it would be easy to ship. Where are you?

Mike

Comment

No need for the blanket. Just pour loose fill of either perlite or vermiculite right into the enclosure and be sure you've got atleast 6 inches over top of the dome.

Comment

Hello,

We sell the FB Blankets they are 50 square feet and sell for $75.00. Please call me at 1-800-407-5119 ext 14, I would be happy to provide you a shipping quote.

Thanks,
          Heidi

Comment

Working...
          X