web analytics
36" no masonery experience in CT - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

36" no masonery experience in CT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36" no masonery experience in CT

Like many first time builders I have read some great pst on this forum and seen some really good designs. Quick question if anyone can help.
    I have finished my base and poured a 3 1/2" reinforced slab and a 3 1/2" insulating slab of vermiculite and portland. I think the floor will be no problem. My question is why some have cut an angle in the soldier course, is this to minimize the height of the dome?
    I have some pictures will download tomorrow.

Re: 36" no masonery experience in CT

Originally posted by firebert View Post
    Like many first time builders I have read some great pst on this forum and seen some really good designs. Quick question if anyone can help.
    I have finished my base and poured a 3 1/2" reinforced slab and a 3 1/2" insulating slab of vermiculite and portland. I think the floor will be no problem. My question is why some have cut an angle in the soldier course, is this to minimize the height of the dome?
    I have some pictures will download tomorrow.
    Welcome aboard!
    I cut the top soldiers at an angle to start the curve without having a huge mortar joint with the first chain. I hope I did it for the correct reason! lol I too have no or VERY little masonry experience. I live down the road from you a piece in Southbury Ct. pretty much off exit 15 on 84 I am almost done closing up the dome.
    Good Luck!
    Build Thread:http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/i...ome-15521.html
    Photos: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/brick-...67884/pic/list
    Oven Blog: http://johns-brickoven.blogspot.com/...ven-folly.html

Comment

Working...
    X