web analytics
Replacing floor - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Replacing floor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing floor

Hello ,

Looking for some advise , I need to replace the cooking floor of my oven. Have had bad spalling ( I think thats what its called ) on my cooking surface. I was thinking about just pulling out the bricks in the middle and either turn them over or replace them, which would be the easiest. Then thought I could try and make a two or three piece floor and cut it to creat a circle to put in , is there a material or surface that could work better than fire brick. I will try and post pictures.

Thanks ,

Mike

Re: Replacing floor

Some use soapstone as a cooking surface. Perhaps you could try flipping the existing bricks and see if it works. If it doesn't, move on to either new firebrick or a new floor (soapstone method).
    My oven (for now):
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...ven-14269.html

Comment

Re: Replacing floor

I'd look at Soapstone and look for an installer that has leftovers. The up side is that the 3cm Soapstone won't add a great deal of height to the oven and won't require pulling up the existing floor. You'll be adding additional mass to the floor and the temps will be more even. I think you'll find an installer that will have what you need for $100 and a 6 pack, or there abouts.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X