web analytics
warm dome - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

warm dome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warm dome

I Just finished cooking some pizzas and am getting ready to do a pork shoulder once the temp cools down a bit. Right now the flames are almost out, and i noticed that the side of the dome is warm to the touch on the outside. I have about 4 to 5 inches of insulation all the way around the oven (FB Blanket/vermicrete cladding), so i was getting worried that something may have gone awry with my insulation. It just finished raining here in Sacramento, and try as i might to prevent it, i think my dome may have gotten wet, as i saw steam coming off of it...does this effet my insulation? Any way, does this seem like a problem, or should i just relax lol...

Re: warm dome

Originally posted by Matt916 View Post
    or should i just relax lol...
    Chillax...
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Your oven is wet! And it will be occasionally. It will cause the dome to lose heat a bit faster than normal but...not a biggie.

Comment

Yeah, i saw the steam coming off of it...i cant wait to waterproof it so i wont have to worry about covering it with a tarp! right now i decided to go for slow cooking my brined pork shoulder...hopefully in a few hours i will have delicious pulled pork. i have the most unprofessional makeshift door haha. its just a piece of plywood that i cut too short so i have to set it on bricks. it doesnt seal perfectly, but surprisingly there is still a lot of heat inside that thing...im gad i built my WFO

Comment

Working...
        X