web analytics
Indispensable Tool - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Indispensable Tool

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indispensable Tool

I have been reading multiple posts on different builds and seems everyone using this indispensable tool. What is the purpose if this tool? Is it too hold the brick in place if so is that done one brick at a time? Also is it used to measure circumference of the dome and is it adjusted each row? I feel all these builds the builders make them look so easy.

Re: Indispensable Tool

It looks pretty easy because it is pretty easy, unless you drive yourself crazy with small details.

The indispensable tool, so named by it's inventor Hendo, holds the brick in place while the mortar initially sets up, then you move it to the next position. In it's simplest form, it also assures that your dome is close to hemispheric. This can be done with a simple string, for the lower courses. It's not till you are 6 courses up that gravity works against your bricks staying in place.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

So is it then adjustable for each row of bricks?

Originally posted by mivigliotti View Post
        So is it then adjustable for each row of bricks?
        You can build one with an adjustable arm if you need it to follow a certain dome profile, in general. There are several variations of this tool that you can come with and they all do a good job.

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Cool thanks! I want to start one asap.