web analytics
Oval Pompaii Igloo oven on earth bag structure - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Oval Pompaii Igloo oven on earth bag structure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oval Pompaii Igloo oven on earth bag structure

Hi
    Im building an oval Pompaii Igloo oven : 24" x 42" inside clear.
    Any words of wisdom as I embark? I think Ill use foam forms or 3 of the
    Irreplaceable tools to keep track of the radii. I plan to use the recommended
    ht @ 20" & door criteria of an average between the 36" & 42" dome igloo designs. Chimney vent to be brick built 3" x 14"- is there any engineering #'s, rules of thumb etc for chimney calks other than 3x door ht?
    I'm guessing that the oval dome will perform better than a vault, not as good as a round dome- any experience w/ a masonry oval dome to give me advice as to what some difficulties or pitfalls I may need to consider?
    The oval shape is a product of available room and final design.

I'm planning on using Muddox fire brick-- only 26% alumina though-
    Any better production firebrick for the price ±$1.08 ea, commonly carried by
    masonry supply houses?

Thanks,
    Rich
Working...
X