web analytics
Olympia WA 36 inch build - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Olympia WA 36 inch build

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympia WA 36 inch build

FINALLY !!!

After almost 3 years on the forum I have started my build. Although I should not complain about the delay. The time I have spent reading on the forum has changed my plans about 25 times ( for the better). I would encourage everyone to spend lots of time reading on the forum. The information here is priceless !!
    The current ( and best) plan approved by SHMBO is a Parilla (Argentine BBQ), a 7 ft prep counter and a 36 corner install pompei oven. I am a bit of a scrounge so I have been collecting materials for 2 years for this project. I have firebrick, fireclay, CMUs, wall bricks and sections of chimney ready to go (total cost to date is $200). I will be buying concrete and lime as I go.
    Yesterday I poured the foundation for the Parilla. Six inches of 5/8 gravel and 6 inches of concrete with rebar.
    Today I stacked the CMUs and started the framing for the Parilla slab.
    Since I live in earthquake country I decided to use a seperate foundation for the Pompei and Parilla. The counter top between them will have a smaller foundation...just enough to support the granite countertops. I am hoping that if I have any earth movements there will be less damage with individual footings rather than a continous footing.
    I'll start posting pictures soon.

Last edited by brokencookie; 07-29-2010, 07:12 PM. Reason: fat fingers
    Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Re: Olympia WA 36 inch build

Welcome to the chaos of the construction zone! Let the fun begin.
    My oven build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/m...and-13300.html

Re: Olympia WA 36 inch build

Nice! Scrounging is the way to go, if you have more time than money like you and I.