web analytics
Enclosing the dome - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 3 < >

Forum Page Loading Response

Forum Members:

We have received feedback regarding recent issues with page loading response time. We believe the slow response issue stems from the analytics we added with the new Forum. We are in the process of reconfiguring those elements and, after an approximate 24-hour time period for the reconfiguration to run, we anticipate a return to normal page load times. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 3 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
3 of 3 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Enclosing the dome

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enclosing the dome

Do i need a vent of some sort to let heat escape when i build around the dome. I was thinking about using retaining wall blocks?

Check out the vent description pages. The vent is outside and just above the oven door.

Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

I think you may be asking about venting the enclosure, not the oven itself. If so, I think you should have some sort of vent in the enclosure to let moisture out, not necessarily heat...
      My Oven Thread:

Oooops. I can see that now.

You don't have to. If you let your oven cure slowly, and moisture in the oven and insulation can escape gentlely. That said, I believe some builders have added vent.

Any comments?

Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Venting, errr

The climate I live in is not a humid as yours, and certainly not in winter, but here's what I did. The upper portion of my oven is a 4 inch block enclosure, to which I attached facade bricks. To vent this enclosure, I used "brick vents" in the facade bricks, after leaving holes in the block walls. These vents are made of metal, and the shape and size of an ordinary brick. You can probably get them from a masonry supplier in your area. My cue was that dampness in insulation is not a good thing, nor is excessive heat. And, after all, you'll only do this once. For the "attic" in the roof over the oven, I used standard soffit vents, plus one directly above the oven door in the portico I built. If you need pics, I'll send. These are pretty standard house building procedures, so I figured why not.

"Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

I have soffit vents

Originally posted by james
            Oooops. I can see that now.

You don't have to. If you let your oven cure slowly, and moisture in the oven and insulation can escape gentlely. That said, I believe some builders have added vent.

Any comments?

I have soffit vents in the overhang of my roof over the sides, plus a vent at the back vertex of the roof.

As long as I can keep the bugs out, I'll be OK.
            There is nothing quite so satisfying as drinking a cold beer, while tending a hot fire, in an oven that you built yourself, and making the best pizza that your friends have ever had.

Thank you all for your support and ideas.