web analytics
Kenny's 36'' Pompeii in Scotland - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

New Forno Bravo Forum Feature

Forno Bravo Forum Community,

You will notice a new forum at the top of the main page called, "Ask Me Anything". This forum will be used for live one hour "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) sessions hosted by people who are knowledgeable in different areas pertaining to wood fired ovens. How it works:
- Each AMA will have a "sticky" thread where the community can post questions they would like answered during the live session. This will allow everyone to participate even if you can't be online for the live session. These questions will not be answered by the host until the live AMA; if you need an answer quickly, you should post it in the appropriate Forum area for the community to respond.
- Another thread will be posted for the live AMA. Registered users who are logged in during the live session can interact with the host by asking questions and receiving responses.
- The live thread will remain in the AMA forum to view after the session.

To kick off our AMA feature, we have invited author, chef and master bread maker and host of Pizza Quest, Peter Reinhart, to be our first host! Peter will be in the Forum on Monday, February 15th, from 7:00 - 8:00 pm EST. If you are unable to be online during the live session, you can post your questions in the sticky post. Peter will answer those questions during the live session on February 15th. You can view Peter's answers to your questions as well as what happened during the live session in the session thread.

We hope you enjoy this new feature! Please let us know if there is a topic that you'd like to have as an AMA and we'll look for a host!

Forno Bravo
See more
See less

Kenny's 36'' Pompeii in Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny's 36'' Pompeii in Scotland

Hi all,

Finally got round to taking a few pics. Had a dry run with the floor and first couple of courses, cut half bricks using a hammer and chisel, will need a bit more finesse when it comes to smaller / more detailed cuts.

Picasa Web Albums - 11336964747215976... - Pizza Oven Build

When setting the floor level does it matter if I just use dry sand rather than fireclay/sand/water mix? Floor sitting on 4" of Vermicrete

Made my indespensible tool today, next task is to discover how to post pics

regards,
    Kenny

Re: Kenny's 36'' Pompeii in Scotland

for pics I would use a service like image shack, and when you upload let it resize them to 800,600 or something more forum friendly, then use .[img] tags arround the url it gives and bobs your uncle pictures in the thread

Comment

1st attempt at adding a photo link....

Picasa Web Albums - 11336964747215976... - Pizza build 1...
      Last edited by tallkenny; 06-30-2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I always add my photos by using the "Post reply" then "manage attachments" and select the photos by browse and upload.. This isn't working for you?

Chris

Comment

Another go!

Comment

See if I can get them come out a bit bigger!
            First couple of courses in place

Comment

Hurah!!

:-)

Chris

Comment

Inner arch pics, I used a wooden form and there is a triangle of brick hidden behind the mortar on the larger couple of joins.

Comment

No football today so made a little progress another course or two and starting to tie dome in with arch

Comment

Nice progress and good pics

All the best with the rest of your build

Terry
                    Honi soit qui mal y pense

My 2nd Pompeii build.....

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...eii-build.html

Comment

Nice weather today, another couple of courses done, had to pick up my 4th tub of readymix mortar, will likely need a 5th tub after the next course, bit of a pain as it's not cheap at 32 a tub.

Comment

Working...
                      X