web analytics
Help - Fix now or wait???? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community



Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Help - Fix now or wait????

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help - Fix now or wait????


    It's been a while since I've done any active posting - too busy making pizzas. Anyway noticed that my inside arch has "fallen" (not worried about the decorative outer arch) about 1/8" - 1/4". So far it doesn't seem worse. Given I'm just starting the season I would really like to use it until it get's worse... So far I haven't lost any bricks just a section of arch has slipped down.

    Let me know your thoughts. I'm guessing I'll have to dig out and rebuild.

    aka thebadger
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Re: Help - Fix now or wait????

    My door arches, both inside and outside, got significant cracks. No one likes to see that, but unless bricks are wiggling loose, I'd leave it be.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2


    • #3
      Re: Help - Fix now or wait????

      I totally agree with David on this - let it be. A while back someone did have a brick fall - I think the fix was to grind some indents on the side of the bricks ( to make a fake core) and slide it back in with mortar. In your situation, I don't see how it can slip much more. Keep cooking until you have a real problem.

      Check out my pictures here:

      If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.


      • #4
        Re: Help - Fix now or wait????

        I think gravity is on your side.
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces


        • #5
          Re: Help - Fix now or wait????

          Look for signs of "spreading" at the the ends of the arch. If not, just leave it alone.


          • #6
            Re: Help - Fix now or wait????

            How old is your oven?


            • #7
              Re: Help - Fix now or wait????

              If there is enough side thrust on the arch it should be fine, arches are by design self supporting.
              The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

              My Build.



              • #8
                Re: Help - Fix now or wait????

                The oven is just over 2 years old. Actually I'm not that concerned about cracks/shifting as I knw that happens. My concern is the arch is supporting about 8 ft of Duravent Chimney... Always a concern in the back of my mind since I've never build an arch before...

                I think I'll just wait it out. If it does "collpase" I can rebuild .


                You can see pics under "thebadger build"
                Any other thoughts would be appreciated.