web analytics
my first clay oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

my first clay oven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first clay oven

Decided to give it a try using the clay from my farm. I poured the slab on a Thursday, made the sand mold Friday, and built the oven Saturday morning.
    Total build time of about 10 hours.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Re: my first clay oven

That's cool..I was going to build one too, but it morphed into another brick dome.
    Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
    John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
      That's cool..I was going to build one too, but it morphed into another brick dome.
      I think I spent half that amount of time figuring and cutting my final keystones on the dome.

Nice work.

Chip
      Chip

Comment

Thanks guys, it was fun to build, and makes good pizza too! I really did it as an experiment to see how the "sand castle" mold would work out. I would like to build one using a more permanent material for a mobile unit.

Comment

Originally posted by beagleace View Post
          Thanks guys, it was fun to build, and makes good pizza too! I really did it as an experiment to see how the "sand castle" mold would work out. I would like to build one using a more permanent material for a mobile unit.
          Get some castable refractory. You can save a lot of sand by stacking some polystyrene fruit boxes in the centre and covering them with sand
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Nice oven more power to you! Working with the clay is really nice and lots of differnt beautiful clay out there

Comment

Working...
            X