web analytics
Steel Oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Steel Oven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Oven

Hi, I thought there might be someone interested in my latest project, pics will explain most but please don't hesitate to ask any questions if there is something you may like to know. And I am happy if anyone has any advise for me!

Last edited by steel chef; 12-05-2011, 01:42 PM.

Re: Steel Oven

Comment

Looks really great. Are you going to use a gas burner or wood (charcoal).
      "You can tell a dutchman,
      but you can't tell him much"

Comment

It is my intention to use wood, I had not considered charcoal, could I use a combination of both, what are the fors and againsts, wood V charcoal?

Comment

Dude, I'm just a newcomer to all of this. I have used wood and charcoal in my "Smokey Mountain Smoker". My smoker looks similar to your oven, and I really enjoy smoking, especially fish. I wonder if I got it hot enough, and using a pizza stone if I could make a pizza in it.
          "You can tell a dutchman,
          but you can't tell him much"

Comment

I'm most interested in watching your progress on this. Here in the US there were alot of makers of welded steel airtight type stoves on the market about 30 years ago. Most had problems with distortion and cracking of welds usually as a result of unequal heating and the welded members being fixed and unable to move to relieve stresses.

Where you place firebricks will, I think, play an important role in your success.

Also, what are the cross sectional dimensions of your chimney? WFOs here have six inch (15 cm) or larger diameters (mostly larger).

I hope this isn't coming across as super critical, for it is not meant as such. I have a friend who has a steel airtight which is primarily made of rolled steel members and aside for one seam in the back, it works quite well. That seam, however, has been problematic...I have welded and re-welded it on a every other year basis for some time. Although last time I tried nickel rod and so far it has gone two winters without cracking.

Bests,
            Wiley

Comment

Working...
            X