web analytics
Lip Problem - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Lip Problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lip Problem

Marcel (and others)
    For thos of you who rested the forms for your hearth on your blocks ,
    what did you do to finish of the lip that was left?

I'm not quite there yet, but I'm doing stucco above and brick below so I considered using the lip as a design feature as it's just a few bricks below the bottom of my brick wall top. Alternatively, I've considered building it up with a notched trowel and mortar to bring it flush.
    Last edited by maver; 09-07-2006, 01:29 PM.

getting lippy with me?

I am going to make a very shallow 3/4" copper box to slip right over the end of mine that will cover the lip of the hearth and the insulation beneath it. I will hammer it first because I like the dimpled look. I will form the rest of it on a sheet metal brake here at work.

Renaissance Man
      Wholly Man

By lip, does that mean that the upper enclosure is a skosh narrower than that bottom?

If that is the case, you can use a mortar or scratch coat stucco to build up the upper enclosure to there it is smooth with the block stand. Once you are level and smooth, you can go ahead with your finish material or stucco. Don't use your finish stucco to build up any gaps; it won't dry right.

Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces