web analytics
A novel ferro cement oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

A novel ferro cement oven

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A novel ferro cement oven

I was looking through the posts with ferro cement being used and trying to find a means of modifying the basic principle of ferro cement when I came across this oven made in Canada by Steve Moore.
    I am not sure how well it stands up to the heat, how.where the chimney is positioned with the dome, but it is quite novel for those looking for something quite different.

Picture 1 had the comment:
    Smokey is an application of burlap, cement and acrylic after shaped and wadded chicken wire. This is the last application of cement, next comes eyes, claws and paint.

Picture 2:
    Smokey is painted and waiting for installation of eyes and grate. The supporting stone work and door are nice quality as well.

and the last picture:
    It's an oven for cooking food. Wadded chicken wire around the oven. Burlap soaked with acrylic and standard construction grade cement. furnace cement inside the ears.

Attached Files
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1
    Neillís kitchen underway

Re: A novel ferro cement oven

That looks like one cool oven......