web analytics
Casa on a rolling steel stand - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Casa on a rolling steel stand

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casa on a rolling steel stand

I still plan on a large oven in my backyard, say a 42 Pompeii or similar sized Casa, yet I'm lured by the thought of a second, smaller one (Casa 80 or 90) near the house. This one would be on the porch off the kitchen and used for one or two pies for the family, not entertaining.

To save space I'm interested in the smallest footprint possible, as little mass as possible and the ability to roll it out of the way when not in use. The final consideration is that I have the ability to do as much of it myself, i.e. not a prebuilt unit.

I assume I'd need an insulating floor built into the stand and of course insulation and stucco type material for the dome? Suggestions?
    Last edited by stuart; 06-01-2006, 11:31 AM.

We had a customer in Stockton put an oven on a metal frame with caster. He had metalworking experience and wanted to move the oven around a little. Still, they are pretty heavy, so I'm not sure how often he has actually moved it.

To keep the oven light, you could construct a rigid metal tray (4") and fill it with insulating concrete. That would be structurally sound and lighter.

Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces