web analytics
Cracked cooking floor when uncrating - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Cracked cooking floor when uncrating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked cooking floor when uncrating

While uncrating my new Casa 110 I cracked one of the 4 cooking floor pieces

It is a 6 x 6 inch triangular wedge from the center of the oven floor.

Can I just dry fit this piece and continue with construction? Or should I order a new floor piece?

Re: Cracked cooking floor when uncrating

I would suggest contacting either James via private message or just go ahead and call someone in the service department at FB...they have a lot of technical experience and should be able to give you the best advice!
    Best
    Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

I ended up calling FB for advice. They suggested that I proceed with the installation and fit the broken pieces together with a small amount of refmix. I did so and it looks fine.

They were very helpful and reassuring. They also offered to provide me with a replacement floor segment at their cost.

They said it isn't unusual for the floor to develop cracks after installation due to thermal stresses, so I chose to just go ahead and use what I have. I guess I am just starting out with a "pre-aged" floor

Comment

Good for you! I am happy to hear that! Good luck with the rest of the build and we are here to help!
        Best
        Dutch
        "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
        "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Working...
        X