web analytics
Re-setting floor tiles Giardino 70 - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Re-setting floor tiles Giardino 70

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-setting floor tiles Giardino 70

Hello all,

Yesterday, I used a pallet lift to get the dome of my Giardino 70 atop the stand and a friend and wrestled it into place on the FB blanket base/floor tiles. In so doing, several tiles were knocked out of alignment and level. Anyone here had to re-set floor tiles to level with the oven dome in place--or, alternately, jacked up the dome somehow to do this job? If so, any tips greatly appreciated.

Josh

Re: Re-setting floor tiles Giardino 70

Josh,

I just completed a similar operation on my oven. Assuming you set the floor tiles on a bed of sand, just lift out the ones you want to adjust (trowel or strong BBQ spatula works well here), put a bit more sand under them, smooth it a bit then tamp them back to level like you did before the dome was on. You can still get a 3 foot level through the opening to check level front-to-rear, and a shorter one to check side-to-side. I didn't have to remove all of my floor tiles, just one row, but you could re-set them all with the same process.

Jamie
    Last edited by JamieC; 06-12-2012, 08:21 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
    X