web analytics
Casa2G80 - Crack in Inner Arch - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Casa2G80 - Crack in Inner Arch

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casa2G80 - Crack in Inner Arch

I have done about 40 firings in my Casa2G80, and it has recently developed a crack in the inner arch that leads into the dome.

I have several hairline cracks on the inside, which I know are normal, but this one is thicker than hairline and goes all the way through the arch. In places it is 1mm wide at most. It's 2 inches long on the outside, 3 inches long on the inside (please refer to pictures). The length did grow in the last firing. Should I be concerned about this crack?

I am VERY careful in gradually building my fires. For about 3-5 minutes of the firing process, flames do extend under the arch,(where the crack is) but not high enough to reach opening of chimney. In an hour long firing, this seems inevitible to get the oven temp up to 700+ in such a small oven.
    Does this need to be avoided and will it compound this issue?

Thanks for any insight!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Anders; 08-21-2010, 12:26 PM.

Re: Casa2G80 - Crack in Inner Arch

Hi All,
    My name is Amanda and I am the tech/post sales support contact here at Forno Bravo. I have answered this post in a private message, however I wanted to address this so everyone can understand the cracking. The pictures show a hairline crack that (while rare) won't be a problem. He can keep using and enjoying his oven.

Thank You,
    Amanda Shugart

Re: Casa2G80 - Crack in Inner Arch

Hey Anders,

I have a very similar crack in my Casa 100. I have only done small curing fires (up to 550) after several days. I have not yet gone full heat, but want to in the next couple of days. Did your crack get worse over time?