web analytics
Casa 2G 90 Build in KY - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Casa 2G 90 Build in KY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casa 2G 90 Build in KY

Picasa Web Albums - Aaron - Pizza Oven Pr...

Had I to do over again, I would dry stack the block. My father in law and I are not masons by any stretch of the imagination.

Shooting for July 4th for first firing. Not sure if it's going to happen or not.

aa

Re: Casa 2G 90 Build in KY

Looking good! Not being a mason either, I'm a big believer in dry stacking CMU blocks. :-)
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks James, believe me I am too now.

I do have one question, I'm fairly certain it's not an issue, but will leaving the dome pieces outside for a month or so covered with a tarp cause any issues? Everything else is inside my shop, I just didn't want to move them any more than I had to.

Thanks,
      aa

Comment

Hey aa,

Yes, you can store the dome outside under a tarp. It would be good for it to not get wet -- but it wouldn't be terrible. Better to not move it around too much.

James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Nice stand AA. And nice photo history - you'll enjoy those long after your oven is finished.

I think pizza's on July 4th is totally doable - that's one of the beautys of these modular ovens.

But there is cooking in a fully insulated oven and cooking in a fully finished oven..... Please share your ideas on how you plan to finish it off.

Christo
          My oven progress -
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the advice James. Luckily we had a 200+ year flood the week before I ordered the oven so I think we're rained out for a while.

Thanks Christo, once the hearth gets poured I'm sure it will all just fall into place. Too bad I'm going to be out of town 3 weekends in June.

As for the final product, I'm not 100% sure yet. I'm 70-30 leaning towards igloo right now over a walled enclosure.

aa

Comment

Working...
            X