web analytics
Foundation / Stand - Raised deck floor - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Foundation / Stand - Raised deck floor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foundation / Stand - Raised deck floor

I will be installing a Casa2G at the end of my deck which is 32" above ground level and have the following questions:

1. Should I put footings at ground level rather than a slab, since wood will not be stored there?

2. What suggestion for use at the deck floor level to support wood storage?

3. What suggestions for non-combustable hearth extension in front of oven to cover wood deck?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BigSteve46; 02-13-2010, 09:02 PM. Reason: Add sketch of deck

Re: Foundation / Stand - Raised deck floor

Do you have a sketch you can post ?

Comment

1. Should I put footings at ground level rather than a slab, since wood will not be stored there?
      Either way will work. Is frost heave a problem in Atlanta? If so, the slab on well-drained crushed rock may be easier than digging below frost line.
      2. What suggestion for use at the deck floor level to support wood storage?
      I just put in a pressure treated deck material floor at ground level on my oven.
      3. What suggestions for non-combustible hearth extension in front of oven to cover wood deck?
      This partly depends on whether you're running it past the building inspector. I'd think that for practical purposes a layer of pavers laid directly on the deck would work, but an inspector may call for a slab cantelevered out from the masonry structure as would be done in a masonry fireplace.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Originally posted by BigSteve46 View Post
        I have a similar situation and I plan on putting footings at ground level and building the stand up to my concrete deck level which is about 5 feet higher.
        George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Working...
        X