web analytics
Where to get materials in NW Arkansas? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Where to get materials in NW Arkansas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get materials in NW Arkansas?

Hello. I have been wanting to do this for awhile and lately have more time and resources to actually commit to the building of a WFO. I have two delimmas. Shipping from Forno Bravo is insanely high for the kit that I want and the second is... no one local to me carries materials at a reasonable price. (the only thing I have found is 'fire brick' and they dont know the stats on the brick outside of the dimensions... at $2/per) Has anyone in the area built an oven and if they could list a source for materials, that would be great.

Thanks!
    My Picasas Web Album
    http://picasaweb.google.com/10792368...eat=directlink

Re: Where to get materials in NW Arkansas?

hey ark,
    I cant help you with a supplier, but ask the ones in your area if they have seconds, sometimes they will sell them off cheaper... give it a shot

cheers
    Mark

Comment

Did you try these guys:

Products | ABC-Central Block and Brick | Blocks, Bricks, Retaining Walls, Gardens, Flower Beds, Paths, Walkways, Patio Systems

Comment

Boral brick in Lowell should also have a good line of fireplace materials.

Comment

I tried ABC Block in Harrison, they were $1.95/brick and they didnt know the heat range of the brick and their salesmen would never return my calls.
          My father convinced me today that Hooter's would be a good place to go on a rainy day so I made a few calls and got in touch with ACME Brick there in Sprinfield, MO and purchased 200 firebricks @ $1.09/per. While there I also purchased the fireclay for the hearth bricks.
          Everything else I know I can get locally and this was the one thing holding me up. I bought these before I needed them, but they are here in my garage waiting for me to get the slab poured and start stacking block. I'm really getting excited about this now and I cant wait to break ground on the slab.
          Thanks for the replies! I have seen some great looking ovens on this site from do-it-yourselfers and this online community is really great with information and support. As soon as I get started I will begin posting my progress hopefully with photos.
          My Picasas Web Album
          http://picasaweb.google.com/10792368...eat=directlink

Comment

Working...
          X