web analytics
What kind of Paint for Casted Archway? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

What kind of Paint for Casted Archway?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Paint for Casted Archway?

I have a casted refractory cement archway that will mount to the front of my oven. I want to paint it black. I have to imagine concrete paint won't hold up to the heat. Can I use the high-temp BBQ grill paint there that I plan on using for the chimney without adhesion issues?

Re: What kind of Paint for Casted Archway?

wawazat,
    There are a couple things I would recommend. First, you can probably mix a coloring agent into your cast archway. Secondly, there are some castable refractories that are already black. Third, after you fire it, most of it will be black anyway!

Paint? A webber grill is black, and probably just a high quality enamel. It wouldn't be my choice, but it would probably work okay.

Lars
    This may not be my last wood oven...

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
      wawazat,
      There are a couple things I would recommend. First, you can probably mix a coloring agent into your cast archway. Secondly, there are some castable refractories that are already black. Third, after you fire it, most of it will be black anyway!

Paint? A webber grill is black, and probably just a high quality enamel. It wouldn't be my choice, but it would probably work okay.

Lars
      Let me clarify... the arch is cast & already exists so I believe that nixes your 1st 2 choices. So I'm pretty sure that leaves me with painting it.

Just wanted to see if anyone's tried a high-temp BBQ grill paint & how it worked.

Comment

You might consider a stain, I know there are stains available for firebrick, that was an option from my supplier, and they make a jet-black:

Firebrick Stain: Brick Stain in a Variety of Shades for Refractory Firebrick.

Frerk and Sons on Belmont in Chicago is a local distributor:

(773) 588-0800

Good luck,

Doug

Comment

Stain would probably work great! Good idea Doug.
          This may not be my last wood oven...

Comment

Working...
          X