web analytics
Concrete Slab Weight Load - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Concrete Slab Weight Load

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete Slab Weight Load

I have a question that im hoping someone can help with.
    I want to build a base to raise my oven on , hoping to build a few pillars of bricks with a concrete slab on top and then build the oven on that.

My question is , how thick of a concrete slab will I need to cast to be able to support 300-400kg ??

Re: Concrete Slab Weight Load

We suggest a 3.5" (90mm) support slab of rebar reinforced concrete when it's supported by masonry walls on three sides. With less support, you may want a thicker slab. You say "a few" brick pillars. How many? How big? Where positioned?
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Have you considered piling instead of a slab to support your pillars?

Get a post hole digger, dig down 4 feet.

I did what you're considering. I have my 3.5 inch slab supported by 4 pillars. I have them a little towards the back, centered under where I thought the center of gravity is. I used a couple more re bar, particularly over the pillars to counter any "punch-through" of the pillars. Just use the re bar to transfer the load from the pillars out.
        I'm within a few hundred pounds of my final build weight and with me up on the slab walking around it doesn't flex or crack at all.