web analytics
chimney placement - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 3 < >

Forum Page Loading Response

Forum Members:

We have received feedback regarding recent issues with page loading response time. We believe the slow response issue stems from the analytics we added with the new Forum. We are in the process of reconfiguring those elements and, after an approximate 24-hour time period for the reconfiguration to run, we anticipate a return to normal page load times. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 3 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
3 of 3 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

chimney placement

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chimney placement

For the engineers out there- is there any reason my chimney can't be offset of center once it clears the front of the oven? I thinking of making some kind of historical re-creation like a church and using a "bell tower" as chimney.
    Any thoughts greatly appreciated, personal experience valued even more.

Re: chimney placement

No problem, offsets are fine, as long as there are no more than two bends, and they are no more than 30 degrees per (that's the code).

If you look at my build you will see that both chimneys are offset, but at smaller angles.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Somewhere out there (I believe somewhere on this site, but I couldn't find it) there is a discussion of brick ovens back in the day (way back) and how the placement of the chimney was in many cases from front, up and over the dome and then up. If I recall correctly there was even the point made that it helped the draw due to the heat of the dome. My concern would be the loss of heat from the top of the dome literally up the chimney, perhaps some adaptation where it set atop the insul blankets, then you would have the draw question anew. To the best of my recollection the setup looked something like below:

Mechanically there should nothing disastrous about offsetting the chimney over the oven. In the diagram above there would be no problem for pizza, but the oven would be expected to lose heat faster in bake mode. Also...the need for a cap to keep rain out would probably be a bit more important. It would probably be easier and better to simply use metal flue conduit and keep it relatively vertical which would allow normal insulation of the oven. (In the diagram the flatness of the flue is a bit concerning but could be overcome by making the chimney taller.)

Good Luck!