web analytics
did i use the wrong mix - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

did i use the wrong mix

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did i use the wrong mix

First, thanks for this forum -

I downloaded the Pompeii instructions several months ago and started construction on a 1200 sqft fieldstone patio with oven last week.

I poured the base last week for the Stone House oven and now realize that I may have used the wrong mix. I didn't use vermiculite - just regular concrete - is this a total screw up?? I plan on using the fireplace a lot - will it be okay to just use the firebricks on top of the reg. concrete??

Re: did i use the wrong mix

Hi Mini,

Welcome aboard! I moved this to Getting Started. You should get more help here.

The hearth under the wood oven has two layers. A concrete slab, that holds everything up, and on top of that, a layer of either vermiculite or FB Board insulation. The oven floor rests on top of that.

If you follow the plans, I think you should be OK.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Don't put the firebrick directly on regular concrete. You need some form of insulation, or you will lose all of your heat, resulting in a cold floor.
      Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
      My oven build thread

Insulate! Insulate! Insulate!
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Whew -

Thanks alot...