web analytics
Insul Cast Delta Crete - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Insul Cast Delta Crete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insul Cast Delta Crete

Howdy,
    Has anyone heard of or used "Insul Cast Delta Crete" ?? It is an insulating refractory castable that may also be troweled in place. As part of the description it says: Ideal for insulating solid masonry in bread and pizza ovens". It also states to apply a minimum of 2-3 inches thick over top of bread oven dome. Does this material sound like a useful insulator instead of a blanket wrap and vermiculite??? Or maybe in addition to?? It is made by the same folks who make Heat Stop 50.

George Stein

Re: Insul Cast Delta Crete

As a general rule the denser the material is then the poorer an insulator it is. I'll bet the stuff is a lot heavier than vermiculite or blanket, therefore you'll probably need a thicker layer.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

If it's priced like heat-stop, you may be driven back to vermiculite. Not saying anything against heat-stop, I've used it and like it, but boy is it expensive.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

All of the premixed refractory products are dear. We'd be better off making our ovens from mud. I was talking to an aboriginal guy the other day who told me that people up north tunnel a hole into the base of a large ants nest, many of which are as tall as a person and quite numerous. They then simply light a fire inside, throw in whatever they want to cook and seal up the hole with something.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
        X