web analytics
Enclosure mesh - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 2 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
2 of 2 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Enclosure mesh

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enclosure mesh

I uploaded a picture (under enclosure mesh). It shows that the mesh(lath)
    was used in An Alan Scott type oven. Will this cause the cladding to crack and if so should it be removed.

Re: Enclosure mesh

I am not sure I understand the question I don't remember it in Scott's book, which by no means means it was not there, just that it did not interest me at the time.

If you are going to stucco or something, the expanded metal lathe is probably a must have, to give support to the stucco. Where are you talking about lathe being called for?

The book called for Cladding with reinforcing metal to cover the dome, however ,I
      incorrectly used a mesh lathe wich has about four times as much metal .
      I uploaded a picture of the mesh under photos/enclosure.

Yeah, I reread your original post, and realized that YOU Uploaded a picture

Stupid of me. I will go have a look at it now

Okay, now I see where, and what for

If you want the extra mass that the cladding will bring to the equation, then I see no harm in having the expanded metal in there to help put it on and hold it up. But keep in mind that the extra mass translates into more fuel and time required to get the oven up to temperature, but it also translates into more time at temperature once you get it hot.

I don't know from the picture what kind of metal it is, but the only concern I can think of would be a different expansion than the cladding that might cause cracks, which I doubt would be a factor, but I may be wrong. I can't see it as a problem, but let some of the experienced wise folks respond.