web analytics
Brick Question - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Brick Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick Question

I have a pile of bricks that were around, and underneath my old octopus furnace. I think that they are insulating bricks, but how can I be sure?
    They are not the size of firebrick, they are the size of a standard brick, white and quite light. They are sort of sandy feeling, like firebrick, and the fact that they were around what was originally a coal fired chunk of cast iron leads me to think that they are insulating bricks and would be a perfect alternative to the hassle of pouring the vermiculite concrete, or the expense of SuperIsol.

Any ideas?

Re: Brick Question

Originally posted by carrieanddan View Post
    I have a pile of bricks that were around, and underneath my old octopus furnace. I think that they are insulating bricks, but how can I be sure?
    They are not the size of firebrick, they are the size of a standard brick, white and quite light. They are sort of sandy feeling, like firebrick, and the fact that they were around what was originally a coal fired chunk of cast iron leads me to think that they are insulating bricks and would be a perfect alternative to the hassle of pouring the vermiculite concrete, or the expense of SuperIsol.

Any ideas?
    How much do they weigh?
    That's a good starting point.
    Insulating bricks are quite light, while firebricks will weigh about 8 lbs or so.

And how bout some pics....they may help.

But they do sound like insulating bricks at this point.

Dwats
    My thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
    My costs:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
    My pics:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

I dug out a scale and weighed one of them... not as light as I thought. 4 pounds, 4 ounces. dimensions are 3 3/4"x8"x2 1/4".
      I will try to get a photo with it next to a standard firebrick.

Thanks!

DAN

Comment

Sound like insulating brick.

Keep a few. They will support a load and you will find them usefull for providing a "heat break " between the inside refractory dome and the outside finish when you go to build your portal / entrance.

Comment

Working...
        X