web analytics
Heat profile of the "as designed" oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Heat profile of the "as designed" oven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat profile of the "as designed" oven

Has anybody done a fair scientific heat profile on the pompeii oven as it is designed in the ebook? I would like to see one with at least a thermocouple embedded in the cooking surface and one within 1 inch of the dome surface and while I'm dreaming here one on the dome outer surface. Fire to a clean dome and then plot temperatures to time and get a graph.

I want to know if the as designed oven will give me at least 2 hours in the 425F to 350F range.

--mr.jim
    --mr.jim
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    The real art of conversation is not only to say the correct thing at the right time, but also to leave
    unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Heat profile of the "as designed" oven

All right another geeky engineer. Do a seach on "probes" and maybe another on "Temperature profile" About a year or two ago somone poseted some detail graphs of temperature and time for firing up the oven and cooling down.

Also consider slow cooking where your cook for a longer time at a lower temperature., With the food product (meat) covered by foil it will still be quite moist. if you are thinking bread then you may need to charge the fires to a slightly higher temp, steam the oven with a sorayerand then toss in the dough.

Comment

Working...
    X