web analytics
Chimney and vent size - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Chimney and vent size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimney and vent size

I am building a 45" pompeii oven in Denmark right now and I am getting to the part where I have to decide on the chimney and vent size.

The door to the oven is 21" wide and now I am wondering which size the chimney should be.

Is there a general rule to this?

The chimney will be a non insulated black painted steel pipe (the ones normally used for WF stoves) around 1 meter high. My thoughts are that either a 6" or 8" would be fine.

And how wide should the vent leading up to the chimney be?

Thank you for your input

Br. Joergen

Re: Chimney and vent size

Six inch vent on a 45" oven is too small.

Comment

Re: Chimney and vent size

I have a 6inch chimney on a 32 inch oven and I almost went bigger. I'm with Utah you definitely want 8 inch.

The area of the vent needs to be BIGGER than the area of the chimney. An 8 inch chimney has an area of 50 square inches - so you want to be bigger than that for the vent; For instance 10 inches by 6 inches.

Comment

Working...
      X