web analytics
Is my benchtop usable? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Is my benchtop usable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my benchtop usable?

Hi All,

first post

I need a little advice. i've built the bench top (photos attached). after reading around realised i may not have found the best way to do it.

basically i have a concrete subbench (standard GP nothing special) with reo mesh. with heat proof concrete holding down the top concrete bench.

i have a pizza oven kit already that im going to build myself.

basically, will i have issues with heat destroying the benchtop, and if so can you recommend how i would solve this without redoing the benchtop?

Cheers in advance, hope someone can help

Re: Is my benchtop usable?

You will need to insulate between your oven and concrete bench or the bench will act as a heat sink. This can be done several ways, CaSi board (most thermally effective), Vermiculate or Perlite/Concrete mix roughly 8 to 1 ratio (cheap but requires more thickness), insulating brick (although expensive in your part of the world).
    Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 07-16-2014, 07:39 PM.
    Russell

Link to my Picasa Album
    https://plus.google.com/photos/10287...21083003687777

Comment

Thanks Utah!

What thickness CaSi board do you recommend?

the Vermi base isnt really an option as i dont want to add too much height if i can avoid it.

re the bricks, im not even sure what bricks came as the internal floor for my oven.

Thanks for helping out

Comment

for CalSil Board the minimum recommended thickness is about 1.5 inches. This is the standard thickness from many suppliers. Some of us double up for even more insulation but it's probably not necessary.

Comment

Insulating bricks are very different than bricks that you will use on your floor. They are very light in weight and have good thermal properties for insulation. CaSi is a good way to go, I did a quick google search for refractory materials in Perth and several companies came up. Good luck.
          Russell

Link to my Picasa Album
          https://plus.google.com/photos/10287...21083003687777

Comment

Working...
          X