web analytics
Will this support the weight of the oven? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Will this support the weight of the oven?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this support the weight of the oven?

I live in south FLorida, mosquito is my biggest enemy. Therefore I decided to put in the screen room first before i built my outdoor kitchen/pizza oven. My question for all the concrete expert out there is that with a 8"X8" thicken edge with 1 #5 rebar and a 4" thick patio. If i built a corner pizza over will this be thick enough to support all the weight?

Name:  b46ce1687735ac14d4587eac5cba16fa.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  122.8 KBName:  c2e3c003ce6f481c683b7898747718e5.jpg
Size:  134.3 KB Name:  8825a0d1396de07798cf32affc42d5e3.jpg
Size:  85.3 KB
    Last edited by trippy_ale; 05-30-2014, 07:06 AM.

Re: Will this support the weight of the oven?

Trippy,

I am no concrete expert so if an expert responds their opinion will be better than mine....

but, in my view it depends to a certain extent how good your base is under the concrete. It's hard to see the quality of your base from the photo's.

I only used 4" of rebar'ed concrete under part of my oven, BUT I knew that I had a rock hard, compacted gravel base underneath that.

We get a lot of rain and I have had no problems with shifting or cracking.

So bottom line from me - if your base under the concrete is good, I think you will be fine.

Neil

Comment

I live in a city call Coral Springs. After 4" of dirt for the grass..everything below that is sand and coral. I can't even dig a hole for my tree without using a pickaxe. the conctractor removed a good chunk of the dirt to level it.

Comment

The footprint pounds per square inch of a typical oven is trivial, less than a good sofa, much less than a refrigerator. It is heavy, but it is spread out over a big footprint.

Comment

Working...
        X