web analytics
Dome supplies - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Dome supplies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome supplies

I'm using the Pompeii oven plans to build a 36" oven, and plan to use (3) FB blanket to insulate. I am a little confused about what to put on top of this insulation for an igloo finish. It seems I will need something between the FB blanket and a finishing lawer of stucco? It seems that many use use a Vermiculite-cement mix for this - even though the oven is already well insulated? If so I need to get some (2 bags??) Vermiculite shipped to me.
    I know I am way ahead of myself as I'm just building the base right now - but I am trying to cut down on shipping costs by getting as many of my supplies as I can in one shipment (I am getting a pallat of supplies shipped up to the islands where I live on a barge).

Re: Dome supplies

DB,

It up to you, it is not a requirement to install V-crete or P-crete over the insulating blanket. A couple inches of insulation min. will suffice. I did add a couple inches of P-crete over my insulation but I did not have to deal with shipping issues like you. That said, if Vermiculite is not cost prohibited, a v-crete layer, in addition to insulation value, helps you define the igloo shape better when you install the stucco. IMHO.

Comment

Working...
    X