web analytics
Foundation Size - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 2 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
2 of 2 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Foundation Size

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foundation Size

Hey All,

I'm planning to start my WFO build in around 5 months when the weather warms up a little bit, however I want to lay the foundation slab now whilst I'm laying some other slabs around the backyard.

My question is what size does it have to be, as the area I'm building it in isn't the largest, so I don't want to take up too much space if I can help it.

I plan to use the WFO for pizzas (2 at a time?) and perhaps bread etc, for family use.

All knowledge/tips/tricks are appreciated

Last edited by barkzer; 04-25-2014, 06:35 PM.

Re: Foundation Size

Hey Matt - Welcome aboard, you will find plenty of information here to help you along. A good dredge through the threads will reveal plenty. For a start on dimensions for your slab the plans are in the thread attached. It all comes down to how big an oven you want to build and that has plenty of considerations to allow for.

I have a 36" Pompeii and it does a couple of pizza at a time and all of the other things that the WFO is good for. The roast meats come out prime. Once you have figured out how big and if you want a doghouse or an igloo then the slab size will be easy for you to determine.

Good luck with it.

The link to the plans http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/
    Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Download the Forno Bravo Pompeii plans as they will help. They list out a number of foundation sizes. Next you could do some cutouts of the size dome you want. If you do it right, You will have 4.5 inches of Brick on each side + 3 inches of insulating blanket, + an inch of mortar and stucco if you go with an igloo.

That is 36in + 16 or 52 inches. This leaves no room for an overhang of the hearth slab for looks or a Doghouse build.

So depending on which style you choose it will be roughly 55 - 60 inches wide and then about 12-20 inches longer in the front. For the entry and reveal.

Ultimately mine was 69 inches wide X 76in long - However I am building a 42in oven.

My slab was a bit wider as I left about 4 inches on either side of my block.

Good luck.
      Last edited by Novaslo; 04-30-2014, 04:56 AM.

I often cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food...
      WC Fields

Link to my build

My Picasa Pics

Here is a link to some of the well documented builds plus there are many more not on the list. You just need to scour the forum and take bit and pieces and do what works for you. There is some great advice here and some that may not be as great. In the end the people here want everyone to succeed.

Link to my Picasa Album