web analytics
Custom Baking Stone - Material Question - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Custom Baking Stone - Material Question

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Baking Stone - Material Question

Hello -
    I am looking for some opinions/info on the following. (Please forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I could not find clear answers when I searched)

I am looking to fabricate a custom size and unique shape baking stone. Will be used in the "gas grill pizza oven conversion" I am going to attempt.

I want to make the baking stone myself (Cast It) to achieve the shape and size I want....and to be honest, I just think it will be fun to try.

Few specific questions:
    1.) Are traditional baking stones (like you would buy at the store, and put in a standard oven) made of refractory material? Would making it out of refractory material defeat the purpose of achieving temp quickly and holding temp?

2.) Could I fabricate out of refractory mortar? like I would get at Home Depot? Or is there something else I should use? I want to make it simple as possible.

3.) Any suggestions about casting something like this? I was going to make a wood mold, rub wax on the wood, pour in the cement or mortar, and let dry.

Thanks for the time!