web analytics
Plywood stuck to bottom of hearth - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Plywood stuck to bottom of hearth

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plywood stuck to bottom of hearth

I built the form to support the hearth, but got a guy who was building a guest house next door to look it over and then pour the hearth. His crew added two more cross supports and while I was away poured the hearth. I have removed all of the legs supporting the hearth, but have had no luck getting the plywood away from the concrete. Obviously no release agent was applied to the plywood.

What to do?

What happens if I leave it there?

Any tips for prying it loose?

Re: Plywood stuck to bottom of hearth

Originally posted by Thailandnotes View Post

What to do?
    Just leave it there.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Set a saw blade to just less than the thickness of the ply and cut it. It should break easily at the cut.

I put in several screws, but didn't screw them in all the way. Then I used a pry-bar on the screw heads to work the plywood loose.

I used the screw trick also, worked for one side. I had to screw them in on the other piece to leverage the wood off the cement, but it didn't hurt it any. I worked slowly and around the perimeter.