web analytics
2nd hand oven - opinions? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

2nd hand oven - opinions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd hand oven - opinions?

Hello all,

My first post here! I live in Australia and am yet to own a WFO oven but it's top of my to do list for Feb.
    I've been looking at what WFO pizza oven to get. Obviously they are all somewhat expensive but I stumbled across this find which is close enough for me to pickup:

Wood Fire Pizza Oven in Moreton, QLD | eBay

Since I have never built one before I am after some opinions on whether this would be suitable. Given the price that I could possibly get it for, it could be quite a steal.
    It appears to come with the cast dome and base bricks. I realise I need to build a brick structure to mount it on and then would also need to insulate the dome.
    He says there are some cracks but I am guessing that is easily fixed with some high temperature mortar that is used for WFO ovens.
    Do WFO ovens have a life spawn as such?

Thanks for looking and appreciate any comments and opinions on what people would pay for it.
Working...
X