web analytics
Starting a Wood fired pizza restaurant..Help needed - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Starting a Wood fired pizza restaurant..Help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a Wood fired pizza restaurant..Help needed

Dear All

I have been following fornobravo for the last one year and got to know lot of useful information.

Let me tell about myself. I am techie working in Hyderbad (India).
    I always wanted to start a italian pizza restaurant in Hyderbad and after going through lot of information in forno bravo I decided to install wood fired oven.

I really thank you all for your great posts. I need your valuable suggestions for the next few weeks.

I already acquired a property on lease couple of days back. I will get two months rent free period before which I need to furnish my restaurant in every aspect.

The property is on ground floor and the building consists of 5 floors and 2 basements for car park.

to begin with I started to explore for firebricks, insulation etc..locally for the 42" build. Here is my find

I found 40% alumina firebricks that will cost me around 50 cents each. I see insulating blanket measuring 1"X24"X84" priced at 20$.

Here are my initial set of questions. I need your help in getting the following things clarified

1. As the property is on first floor do I need to still go with stand construction with rebars inserted into the cement blocks..or Just brick is okay wih out rebars?

2. I am not sure whether the blanket mentioned in the below link is same as the one desired.

Superwool Industrial Insulation | Commercial Insulation Products. AES Fiber Fibre

3. Can I replace vermiculite concrete insulation under the hearth with just calcium silicate boards.

Thanks in advance. Waiting for your valuable advice.

Sanbabu

Re: Starting a Wood fired pizza restaurant..Help needed

1. Check to make sure the floor is strong enough to take the oven. A 42" is really heavy. I think you should use the rebar.
    2. That's the right stuff. Your prices on refractory materials are great, I wish I could get stuff that cheap.
    3. Calcium silicate board would be much better than vermiculite concrete and quite suitable.

Check out strivers build, he is also in India with a commercial restaurant.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Re: Starting a Wood fired pizza restaurant..Help needed

Thank you David

I will go with rebars and cal sil boards with out vermiculite concrete for the hearth.

I will start the build with in two weeks and will upload the photos here.

Sanbabu

Comment

Working...
      X