web analytics
Insulation blanket - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Insulation blanket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulation blanket

Hi there I am trying to get info about the insulation blanket, I am building an oven with firebricks and will put a layer of high heat mortar outside the dome for insulation and then a layer of cement, i was reading about this blanket can you tell how it is installed and is it a good idea to put between after i put the layer of high heat mortar and before the cment? Or can i get your advise please

Re: Insulation blanket

Hi Polo,

What type of insulation did you use under the hearth or floor? High heat mortar is not insulation, I hope you know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo1523 View Post
      Hi there I am trying to get info about the insulation blanket
      Polo - the blanket goes on the outside of your dome (firebrick) for insulation

I am building an oven with firebricks and will put a layer of high heat mortar outside the dome for insulation and then a layer of cement
      No - the mortar is used for construction only (brick glue)

You add the cement (stucco) over the blanket to cover the dome.

Start a new thread called Polo's build - post ALL your questions there and we can walk you through this.
      Last edited by Les; 03-21-2013, 10:24 PM.
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Well on the floor its just the cement base, and then the Firebricks with High heat mortar, unfortunately I am getting all the knowledge until now that I am reading the forum.

Comment

OK Les, I will start a new thread, just one more question, after the blanket its installed, will the cement stick to the blanket easily?

Comment

Well on the floor its just the cement base, and then the Firebricks with High heat mortar, unfortunately I am getting all the knowledge until now that I am reading the forum.
            This is wrong. You need insulation under the firebrick. Also, do not mortar the floor - let it "float". Is it to late to re-do the floor?

Comment

OK Les, I will start a new thread, just one more question, after the blanket its installed, will the cement stick to the blanket easily?
              I built my shape from rebar and chicken wire and filled the void with portland/vermiculite. I believe some have wrapped the blanket with just chicken wire and applied the stucco to that. Anyone that went that route, please jump in here.

Comment

No LEs not too late, I can re do the floor no problem, I am getting the board, and the blanket, question, do you know if I can get those in a store in San Diego? that will be faster for me to get it, if not I will order them here in Fb

Comment

I don't know if it's available in San Diego. Where are you located in Mexico? Also, you will be glad that you re-worked the floor. These things are amazing if insulated properly.

Comment

I am in TJ Mexico right accross the San Diego Border, but I go to SD twice a week, so no problem, I guess I will order from Forno Bravo the Insulation material, I already have a couple of guys taking out the bricks, and I also had extra Fire Bricks so no problem there, thanks so much for your advise, hopefully this oven will turn out to be great, Saturday I will take the time to post pictures in a new thread and let you know with the progress of the WFO.

Comment

If the insulation board i get from forno bravo is not enough to cover the floor can i use the insulation blanket to finish covering the floor?

Comment

If the insulation board i get from forno bravo is not enough to cover the floor can i use the insulation blanket to finish covering the floor?
                        No.
                        The blanket is too compressive.
                        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                        X