web analytics
Strada Oven on a Redwood Stand? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Strada Oven on a Redwood Stand?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strada Oven on a Redwood Stand?

Hello All,

I am considering the Strada oven from FB for my condo's small back patio. I'd like to build a custom platform for it out of redwood to match a preexisting privacy screen that I built, however I'm worried that the base of he oven might become too hot and create a fire hazard. Can anyone comment on how hot he exterior of this oven gets while cooking? Thanks!

Re: Strada Oven on a Redwood Stand?

The real question is: how well and with what do you plan to insulate it? These things can be built inside a house with proper insulation.

Re: Strada Oven on a Redwood Stand?

That strada is pretty cool. Why not use a metal stand? Forno Bravo does sell them. Just my 2 cents, but anything around an open fire should be noncombustible. Just imagine this scenario. You burn down your condo complex and during the investigation they ask why you would have a wood fired oven with a open fire on a wooden stand... Because it was cheaper? Because it looked cooler? That's a lot of explaining IMHO.