web analytics
Planing stages for 40" castable in Iowa - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Planing stages for 40" castable in Iowa

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planing stages for 40" castable in Iowa

Hey all,

Great day here in Iowa, finally doing post on my own oven. I would appreciate any ideas, corrections... on my plan. So here it goes:
    1. 40" Refractory Castable
    2. interior height 18"
    3. opening width 20"
    4. opening height 11 1/3"
    5. 2.5" thick walls
    6. layer of radiant heat barrier
    7. 2" Ceramic blanket for insulation
    8. 4" loose vermiculite on top of the blanket
    9. 4" concrete heart
    10. 4" vermiculite concrete or 2" FB Board
    11. firebrick floor
    12. oven sits directly of firebrick
    13. 8" chimney

I do have a question regarding the vent above the door, the shape and size. Does the vent area needs to be bigger then the chimney or roughly the same? Is it better to have wider vent opening that about as wide as the opening width or more of square centered above the opening? See 2 vent options on my drawing.

Thank you all for your help in advanced!!!
    Click on image to enlarge

Click on image to enlarge

Re: Planing stages for 40" castable in Iowa

Really, my plan can't be that perfect to have no suggestions