web analytics
Hardibacker - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardibacker

I am doing a pompeii oven construction and have a few questions. I have the perlite concrete pad poured and i have located the fire clay and refractory cement. My questions are these, can i use hardibacker on top of the perlite concrete to set my firebrick on? Also do i need to adhere the firebrick to whatever i use on top of the perlcrete?

Re: Hardibacker

Hello rmydler,

There is no need to use the hardibacker on top of the perlite concrete. The concrete slab will be sufficient. Also hardibacker is fire resistant not fire proof. I do not recommend you adhere the floor tiles to anything for reasons such as if one breaks you will not be able to get the broken piece out without breaking the rest of the tiles.

Happy Building,

Thanks for the reply, i was afraid to use it without asking someone for fear of it emitting something through the bricks when i go hot. I have posted the same question in another thread because after i posted this i could not find it.
      thanks again

I agree with Amber....

Although concrete-based, HardiBacker is not designed for heat. Also I would not adhere the hearth-bricks to the slab....let them float. Take the time to pack them tight, level and flat...so that you have a nice flat work surface. You do not want any brick edges sticking up....(you will catch your pizza peel)

Good Luck!