web analytics
Looking for a pompeii 46" build post. - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Looking for a pompeii 46" build post.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a pompeii 46" build post.

Cannot find any but I think to put the symbol " in the search string doesn't work well.

I am after the dimension of a 46", as I want to make it with the pivot-table to make it a lower dome.

Also I am thinking about a small openining (20" x 12.5") to retain most of the heat inside as it is an indoor build.

The goal is to make a commericial pizza oven with maximum isolating capacity as it is warm enough in my kitchen.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by j4nnem4n; 05-18-2012, 10:08 AM.

Re: Looking for a pompeii 46" build post.

I'm building a 46-inch Pompeii as we speak - I had planned on 48, but cut it down 2 inches because I was a little short on FB board. I have the base and insulating layer down, the FB board laid and the oven floor set level. Last night I cut my cardboard circle for the template to set the soldier rows around.

I spent two days teaching myself about cutting brick with a practice run at building the entry arch, so I'm feeling more confident about using the wet saw and putting this thing together. Since I have no brick work experience, I thought it might be wise to work out the concepts before I actually started - was a good two days of learning!

I have a small album started, and I plan to keep the igloo style, but I'm afraid I don't have much to look at yet. I will be happy to commiserate with you however!

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...-underway.html
    My oven album is here

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X