web analytics
Planning stages - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Planning stages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning stages

Hello, I want to build an outdoor fixed brick 2 in 1 pizza oven / pig rostisserie behind my house. I have a general idea of what I want to do, but is there a way around using fire bricks, as they are extremely ecpensive and I need to build 2 ovens. Thanks.

Re: Planning stages

Normal house bricks are fine, they are fired in excess of any oven temperature.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

House bricks, as Al mentions, are fired at 1050c, far in excess of what you will ever get in your WFO. A lot of ovens have used them.

Comment

wow thats a big relief guys thanks. fire bricks are about 5 dollars a brick around here, which when you want to build 2 ovens and need to line an existing fire pit, can get quite expensive.

Comment

I would strongly suggest reading this before buying your bricks:
          Brick Oven Design | Choose the Right Brick Oven Brick

Apparently, the quality of common house brick varies from region to region, country to country. As a general rule, it's probably better to use firebrick.
          Ken H. - Kentucky
          42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
          Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

thats a great article. im going to talk to a friend who owns a local construction materials store and see what he says. i definately dont want to use red clay bricks, i was just seeing if there was something in between.
            thanks everyone. this sight is great!

Comment

Working...
            X